Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Ipoh Adventure Part 2 - Self Amusement


Its amazing how much dust can accumulate in a span of a month. We have cleverly covered every piece of the furniture with newspaper so they have been spared from the inch of dust that has gathered on the floor. It also spares me from having to clean the furniture (Mom has a thing against dust – even if we are only staying the night!)

So I’ve been tasked to gingerly fold the newspapers off the furniture so we can use them. Gingerly because if I get dust all over the house – I’m dead.

One of the main reasons why I don’t like coming here is because till recently, this flat was rented out. But we don’t have cable, and only get fuzzy terrestrial channels. And as most Malaysians will tell you, there is nothing to watch on RTM. So no t.v. for me.

Being in the sub-urbs, there is no night-life (unless you count the yummy Ramly burger at the corner) nor public transport for me to use. Thus, I’m stuck in the house.

Internet is of course, out of the question. I’m typing into my laptop to transfer online when I reach home.

I’m typing cos I’m bored. But I have books and I have brought my laptop so I can watch pirated DVDs when I buy them. Ha! Self-amusement.

Post-script: I’ve realised that if I stand in the second bedroom, I can watch my neighbour’s t.v. However, besides being mistaken for a stalker, I’m only allowed to watch what they are watching – which is usually in Cantonese that I don’t understand. Sigh… Back to square one. Posted by Hello

No comments: