Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Be Cool


One of the reasons I advocated leaving for KL early was because I couldn’t find any decent ‘pirate’ movies in Ipoh and I knew I would be bored shitless if I didn’t have anything to watch.

So I went to tell Mom & Dad that we should leave Ipoh cos there was nothing to do, and we shouldn’t drive all the way straight to Singapore… Haha…

I just spent the last 4 hours watching an Andy Lau and Sammi Cheng movie – which left me disappointed cos I thought it would be one of those happy ending romantic shows… sigh… he dies.

Feeling blue and unable to sleep, I took out Be Cool and started watching it. As with In Good Company, I almost didn’t get to watch it. Why? Cos those geniuses in Petaling Street put all the wrong movies into all the jackets. So out of the 6 movies I bought, only 3 were the ones I wanted. Ah Beng jiu si Ah Beng, bo nao one.

Be Cool is all about the hustle. Travolta is a scammer, a smooth talker. It is an irreverent movie, done in the same way as Pulp Fiction. Uma Thurman is good as usual, and the chemistry between the 2 leads is amazing. But was it a good movie? I’ll give it a 7 out of 10. Not excellent, but palatable. Posted by Hello

No comments: