Sunday, March 06, 2005

Hitch


Here’s a tip for the Social Development Unit of Singapore. If there was ever a problem convincing singles out there to get attached, just arrange for them to watch a movie like Hitch at GV Grand on a Saturday midnight.

I watched the movie with Ed. It was a great movie, but more of that later. The cinema was packed with couples. It was a good date movie I understand, and the cinema was designed for couples to cosy up (it has “couple seats”). But I couldn’t have felt more in need of a female companion to watch a romantic movie like Hitch with after my experience there.

There was an discernable buzz in the air of the cinema as couples cosied up together during the parts of the movie that make one go “aw…”. The story was good, with no parts feeling draggy or out-of-place like some other date movies. Will Smith and Eva Mendes had that kind of on-screen chemistry that made a good movie a great movie. It was a laugh-a-minute, but it was the kind of jokes that you could relate to in your dating history. So it felt real, at least for me.

I enjoyed the movie, but I couldn’t have felt more isolated. Posted by Hello

No comments: