Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sideways


A scene from the movie

It was a Friday night. It was one of those days where you just don't feel like going out, but was starting to get bored staying at home.

I rummaged through the DVDs I 'borrowed' from a 'friend from the North' and realised that I hadn't watched the movie
Sideways. It was given accolades for Best Cast in the Golden Globes, so it must be good.

So I plopped into bed and half an hour into the show, I started feeling very 'thirsty'. Watching the 2 men drink glass after glass of wine was really getting to me. Out came the Pause button and a quick scurry downstairs later, I was sipping a glass of red with the actors and nibbling little wedges of cheese in-between sips. That's the good thing about watching a movie at home. It was terrible wine mind you. Remind me to shoot the friend who bought me the bottle of Jacob's Creek Carbernet Savingnon. All together now... Urgh...

Anyway, about the movie. Like the actor said in the movie, it was quaffable. Nothing special. Looks like one of those movies TCS shows on a weeknight. No recognisable faces in the cast, predictable plot, the chemistry between the actors was so-so. Can't understand why it was said to be so good. Maybe its because I'm missing out on the 'big-screen' effect. Or maybe its just because it was an independent and this year, both the Screen Actor's Guild and the Golden Globes are rewarding independents.

Well, who cares anyway. It was quite a good way to spend a Friday evening.

No comments: