Sunday, April 10, 2005

In Good Company


After theatre last night, which I attended with Rench and 2 hot babes (friends of his), we adjourned to S-11 for supper and a cuppa. The cuppa turned out to be bottles of beer, drunk in the comfort of a kopitiam, with football being shown live on the tele. (Now cannot say I atas already ah)

I had the best 'mind-blowing' (literally) exercise in a long time.

We talked. About theatre, life philosophy, love, the state of the world... It helped that I didn't know these girls that well, so I could be my obnoxious, biased, egoistic self. It helped that there was alcohol and there wasn't some loud music you were trying to scream over. It helped that Rench is a trove of random information and can quote verbatim from movies, books and anything else he has seen or read. Asimov, Hoffman, Kant... Did I mention that sometimes I feel stupid around him? What to do, he is a see-ko-lah mah.

But it was great fun, I loved the fact that the girls loved their Heineken, were open and liberal people. Were women who actually had opinions - and good ones at that. And more importantly, they were hot too. That helped in keeping eye contact.

We were probably the ones with the most intelligent conversations that night (haha. intellectual snobbery kicks in) And we drew weird stares whenever Rench or I suddenly raised our voices and proclaimed something like, "The End of the World is Nigh!"

But it was a great way to spend a Saturday evening. Theatre, and the company of good people.

P.S. In fact, my brain was so worked out by the opinions and thoughts shared last night that I couldn't sleep. Neurons must have still been buzzing. Might explain the woozy head this morning. Or maybe its just the alcohol. Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be honest with you... you call it "mind-blowing"... I prefer to refer to something like that as "mental masturbation". Seems more appropriate to me but nobody would ever approve to that kind of terminology. :D Would you ever be surprised?

Unknown said...

It definitely helps that the girls are babes and they have brains right?!

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Kim,I don't think I can call it mental masturbation, cos I think they were enjoying it too? Hmm?

Dolly, yes it does. Babes with brains... umm...