Saturday, February 19, 2005

Wrestling and a Revelation

Ok, so I was weak. I couldn’t bother to go downstairs. Bed and air-con was too comfortable. So I snuck a peek at the wrestling. I just realised what the draw of the Royal Rumble was.

Besides the fact that its interesting to some (and bored people) to watch 30 sweaty men slug it out in a ring. Its also a good “reset” button.

You see, wrestling in the World Wrestling Entertainment arena is made interesting by the little sub-plots that they come up with. A-Grunt wants B-Grunt’s title, or if C-Grunt spat on D-Grunt once and now they want to smack each other’s brains out.

The Royal Rumble is a free-for-all. Hence old alliances are broken and new friendships are made. Hence – a reset button.

Stupid theories I come up with when I’m bored.

P.S. Ever wonder how come sometimes they can take a chair to their face and still stand up, but other times a punch and they are out for the count? Doesn’t make sense at all.

No comments: