Sunday, February 27, 2005

Closer



If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking.

I just watched the movie Closer. It’s a brilliant movie I tell you. Anyone who'’s ever had their hearts broken in a relationship or anyone who’s ever been in a rough patch because of their partners should watch it.


In it the protagonists fall in love at first sight. The film documents their search for love and at the end I left the cinema with a feeling that there is nothing such as perfect love. They are also determined to be completely truthful with each other, often with dire consequences.

It was so good because of a combination of an excellent script, wonderful artistic direction and of course, talented actors. Cigarettes were used to represent the telling of lies. The expressions of the actors captured to denote guilt. The understanding of the human nature portrayed by the script. The way the story bounced back and forth and you did not feel lost. Brilliant.

I must go out and buy the DVD. And watch it again.

I left the cinema feeling very emotive, very deep in thought. It left me with so many provoked emotions. I have not seen such a good movie in such a long time. Can’t remember the last one that made me feel this way.

It was that good.

Oh, and it had Natalie Portman in her smalls. That helped too. Haha.

Read more about it...
Posted by Hello

No comments: