Monday, February 07, 2005

Gavin's Little "Project"

I spent my day today with my buddy Gavin. He needed to do his Vday surprise for his girlfriend & since i had nothing to do at home, i offered to accompany him.

I'm writing this whilst sitting with him in Starbucks. He's hunched over his laptop, trying to come up with his design before 5 (cos the printers close at 7 till 16th Feb) and it got me thinking...

You know, now that I see him & the effort he's going into this "project". I'm reminded that once again I'm going to spend Valentine's alone this year. Its sad 'cos it also makes me regret not doing more for that someone special when i had the chance. We men are so typical aren't we - only regreting not cherishing when it's too late and gone. sigh... I should tell this to B1.

I wonder how TNG is going to impress her?

I was telling this to the Warden last night. He's the friend who understands me best anyway, and he's reply was that he has spent the last 47 Vdays by himself and he told me to take that into perspective. We had a good laugh after that.

Yes, perspective. Something we often lose sight of...

No comments: