Thursday, February 10, 2005

How Do You Know?

You know, many people often ask – when do you know you’ve fallen in love? Well, I have a bench mark, and today as I was sitting on the throne reading a very old copy of 8Days – which I believe was not thrown out because Fiona Xie was on the cover, I realised that I was not the only one with that benchmark. Apparently Jamie Yeo and Glenn Ong have the same one.

Jamie says, “ Its the little thinks. He thinks of me, like how he doesn’t mind looking terrible in photos so that I’ll look good. ”

Me? My benchmark is something like that. I know I like a gal a lot if I cannot stop thinking of her and everything I see makes me think of her. This is quite a recent discovery even to me, which I learnt whilst I was in Spain and dating T.

Everywhere I went, all I was concerned about then was whether she would like this, and whether I should get it for her. Imagine me, rummaging through the bargain bin of every Zara and Mango I walked past, resulting in loads of dirty looks from the women around me, and much to the amusement of my friends on the trip.

I was reminded of this when I was dating R, and she said she knew I loved her because I would just be walking past the DIY section of Giant in IMM and I would just see something I know she needed for her room and get it for her.

Perhaps I should take this benchmark in reverse… I think I will know when I’m over her when the day comes that I don’t think of her.

But then again, I do think of someone else. Is this cheating? Or a matter of two-timing? Sigh… I honestly don't know.

No comments: