Tuesday, February 15, 2005

What Is Love?

I spent yesterday in bed. Well, technically cos I slept for most of the day. Perhaps I thought that if I didn’t get out of bed, the day would be over. Oh well.

I was wrong.

So I started reading stuff online.

LittleMissDrinkalot wrote something that really struck a chord with me. An excerpt:

"I'd thought I had gotten over you. But something got me thinking about you again. And when I saw you, it was different. I felt different. I was happy. Very happy. Just to see you."

A few bloggers were asked what they thought love was about. Interesting take on somethings. My favourite was Robert Frost's " Love is the irresistable desire to be irresistably desired." How true.

Well, I fib. I did go out to Serangoon Gardens for a drink with Ed last night. Only to be mortified as we were surrounded by same-sex couples celebrating V-Day. I kid you not. For every 2 hetero-sexual couples there last night, there must have been one pair or girl-on-girl action. No wonder we men are single in Singapore! Ha.

But the most hilarious thing was when I trotted off to 7-Eleven to get something, there was this couple who were in front of me. The chap was holding on to a magazine and he was sneaking around the cashier. As I approached him to ask him whether he was in the queue or not, I realised why. He was sneaking to buy condoms. As he pointed to a particular brand, turning over to his gal and asking, "Can or not?". The gal blushed as red as the top she was wearing and with a,"I only came in for the magazine.", she made a hasty and embarrassed exit out of 7-11.

Hilarious I tell you. But also, funnily, strangely familiar.

You know when sex is illicit. When the product finally decided is this.

After a few beers, I gave a call to my friend Monica. She's a great gal and always a joy to talk to. Finishing the converstation, I dropped off to bed. Sometimes, its just good to know I'm not alone.

No comments: