Monday, February 07, 2005

Memories

A friend recently told me that I was being very selfish. That I was spending time with her in certain places and leaving good memories of them in her mind. I suppose she meant that the next time she went to these places, I would inevitably invade her conciousness.

That got me thinking. You see, I am a victim of that as well. There are so many times I would walk into a place and my mood will just turn sour.

You see, I’ve had so many good memories of my time spent with R, and now, these good memories just hurt.

I try so hard to remember the goodness of the memory, in the hope that it will mask the pain, but it is so hard sometimes. I try to convince myself that “its better to have loved and lost then never have loved at all.” But its not easy.

I was just at NTUC with Mom this evening. Whilst looking for soft drinks for the upcoming Chinese New Year, I spied onto packets of Konnayaku Jelly placed above the soft drinks. It just brought back the memories of how R would spend time to make it for me because she knew how much I loved it, eventhough she never eats a single spoonful. (she hates the consistency).

I have made a list of things that bring back memories. Its in my Palm. I don’t know why I keep the list, or worse, even update it frequently. Don’t know. Maybe I’m just trying to hold on to something that is not there anymore.

Gotta stop now. Chest pain.

No comments: