Thursday, May 12, 2005

Weird Messages

Having friends in the social service / counselling profession can result in weird emails, and instant messages, especially if they think just because you've got a Law degree that you are some kind of de facto consultant on all things related to the law of the land.

This is what I got this evening.

Name-withheld-to-protect-the-innocent says:
hi hi...

Name-withheld-to-protect-the-innocent says:
hey, I have an unique case with me... something to check with you.... is having sex with your true mother an offence in sg?

And so what was I supposed to say? Besides the mind boggling over the implications of the question...

Yes! Its an offence under Section 376A of the Penal Code. Go check it out at Singapore Statutes Online.

Updates: Apparently the mother is in her 40s and the son in his 20s. Seriously, Oedipius Complex man. Now my friend wonders if she should call the police. What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear!!!!

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Haha... There is no way you can identify my friend lah... No details have been dropped. For all you know, this post might have been the figment of my overactive imagination. Haha..

Right? Giant Manipulator, aka Jane?