Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Mommy Dearest...

My mom is a real dear. Pops and her are off to Taipei for 6 days. Its a massive family holiday. Massive because all of my Dad's brothers are going. So 12 people on a free and easy tour of Taipei. I hope Taiwan is prepared for the family. They are all loud, noisy, big-sized individuals with tempers and appetites to match their sizes. This is going to be fun... to watch... haha...

Anyway, I digress. Mom is so worried that B1 and I would starve that she woke up this morning and cooked enough lunch and dinner for several days. I mean, she knows that we have a food centre 5 mins from the house, and at last check, that we both are old enough to go out and get food if we are hungry, but that didn't stop her.

She's an amazing woman I tell you... I mean, this is the woman who has been waking up at 6am every morning for the last 4 decades of her life, run the house like a tight ship, and at the same time hold a stressful full-time job. I know this sounds Oedipus, but wouldn't I like to marry someone like her...

5 comments:

Titania said...

my mum cooks food when they go away too..like pre-cooked then frozen, in sets to thaw for each meal..careful, dont let the fungus bite!

Unknown said...

wow can bring ur gf back home too!

Rambling Alcoholic said...

wallflower - Well, my mom is not that evil - cos she knows frozen food tastes like rubbish when thawed and there is no nutrition after freezing. So she doesn't do what your mother does.

Dolly - Yah, bring gf home? Err.. what? My gf stays over some nights. Hmm... huh?

Anonymous said...

It's time to P-A-R-T-Y!!

Titania said...

true, frozen food doesnt taste too good. but sometimes it cant be helped, like pizza and lagsagne. perishable food like rice etc isnt frozen of course. wouldn't call it evil- more like food preservation for the better