Saturday, May 07, 2005

Coach Carter


There is something I really like about movies with the tagline, "Inspired by a true story." Coach Carter is one of them. I caught it this morning, when Ed called my 15mins before the movie to ask if I wanted to rush down.

It was an inspiring movie which gave me goosebumps at several parts whenever there was a good line or something life-changing happened to one of the characters in the movie. Somehow, because I constantly remind myself that this actually happened (albeit we are never told how much adaptation and how much Hollywood was added to a real story), it became less of a movie, but rather as if I was there, being one of the characters.

A friend of mine used to watch movies like that. Being one of the characters I mean. So somehow or other, she always cried in movies, even romantic comedies. That was quite a bitch if you know what I mean... always walking out of the cinema as if we've had a tiff or something.

So, anyway, its a good movie, great to watch if you are feeling lost in your life, or if you want to just feel good. Go catch it.

P.S 1> There is an Oriental in the Richmond team in the movie. He never plays and all he does is sit on the bench as a reserve and go, "Yo! Yo! Yo!" like a Black man whenever his team scores. Weird.

P.S 2> The post below is a line from the movie. Posted by Hello

No comments: