Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Oh What A Night !

I had dinner at somewhere past midnight last night. Why? Well, Mom had cooked dinner for me before a last minute engagement cropped up. And I figured, if Mom could spend time to cook dinner for one, the least I could do was to eat it.

And eat it I did. And that was the start of a roller-coaster of a night.

I must have had 3-4 dreams. Vivid dreams that I still remember. The first, was a nightmare, so real, so filled with people I know, and so bloody.

It was set in at a HDB block that vaguely looked like Lisa's. We were at the void deck talking, when we heard a loud scream. A girl had thrown herself off the third floor staircase landing (how did I know that? Dunno man.) and had fallen, face down in front of us. But she didn't die. With her face down and hidden under her arm, she screamed, "What am I going to do with the baby? I need to borrow money from strangers to get rid of it. Or what? Marry the father. How to find him?"

For some reason, Lisa and I did not immediately rush up to her aid. Perhaps it was because she was acting psycho. But I told Lisa to scribble her number on a piece of paper so this poor suicide girl could have someone to talk to. But as we approached her, she looked up at us, with yellowed jaundiced and bloodshot eyes, with blood running down the sides of her mouth and face and her jet black hair plastered with blood running down the front of her eyes. With a look of utter contempt, she picked up her arm and bit into it. Drawing more blood down the sides of her mouth. That was when I jumped up, shaking at the memory of the nightmare.

I couldn't sleep for awhile after that. But drift off I did. I had a few more dreams this morning. Including one where I got snatched-theft at Siglap whilst I was taking random photographs. Me attending a SDP political rally, which for some reason was attended by Teo Chee Hean, Vivian Balakrisnan and SM Goh. I think they were there for an open debate. The supporters at the rally were very rude to SM Goh during a debate about some issues, and for some reason, I whispered a suggestion into his ear which he took and calmed the floor. We later had a frank chat about politics before the peace was broken by some unruly constituents supporting the opposition started shouting that the PAP had lied over the IR. (much like the Brits protesting against Blair and the war)

SM Goh is a man I like. I think he is honest and real. Not unlike Dr Wee.

So anyway, I woke up when the protesters got rowdy and started typing this post. Sorry if I've bored you. Sheesh. Lesson learnt. No big meals before bedtime.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha your dreams are not peaceloving at all! Full of riot and anger :P

Titania said...

EAT MORE. EAT MORE

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Twit -> haha.. I never write about the sordid dreams I have.

Wallflower -> Not funny. Haha