Wednesday, August 10, 2005

New Phone


I think I'd need a new phone soon. My current 6100 (which has served me faithfully) is dying on me. No signal, cannot detect sim card, soft rlngtone at times... It must be a Nokia thing, where its set to self-destrut after 3 years. B1's phone lasts about that long too. Oh well...

I'm thinking of getting a smart phone - either a Nokia 9300 or a Palm Treo. I'll need a full Qwerty and GPRS. And it cannot be so big that I lose periheral vision when I hold it against my ear. Oh, sms must ideally be simple and a one handed operation too.

B1 is advising me against getting one. He thinks it'll be wiser to stick to my current PDA & small phone combi. He reckons there would be situations where I won't appreciate having a mutha-freaking big phone in my pocket. Like during a night out for example.

That is true, though I'm usually carrying my Palm wherever I'm going at the moment. How?

3 comments:

Cookie said...

i usually advise ppl against getting something all in one. It's also more prone to screwing up cos of its many functions. Terrible is when it breaks down and all your contacts n details go down with it...

unless u got a backup of cos..

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Yah, I agree somewhat, but I don't carry a handbag leh.

Palm, Phone, Keys, Lighter, Fags... I need a lot of pockets! Hence I'm always in cargo pants. Haha.

Titania said...

Well i sort of suggest a tiny phone and a PDA too, so you have a choice to leave the PDA at home when you go out on the town like you said. I need a new phone too *muffled*