Monday, August 29, 2005

KL Weekend

It was a good weekend spent with friends, in a foreign land. Met very interesting people along the way... Would love to type more, but work is calling. So briefly,

1. Vincent - He is one of EP's friends, who kindly picked us up when we turned up in KL at 4 in the morning. He is a very generous person, who kindly let us crash at his house before sending us to Sepang for the race. He has an amazing car... a Mitsubushi Pajero... it really is the biggest tank car that I've sat in. Pictures soon on why I call it amazing.

2. Mr Hoon - What happened was that there was an oversight on my part. I had not considered how to go back to KLCC after we reached Sepang. Foolishly, I was half expecting that there would be cabs at the track, 40 mins away from KL. Apparently not. Fortunately, EP used her charms and we hitchhiked a ride from this man and his 4 year old son, who were only at the track for 15mins. He gave us a ride halfway to a town, where we got a cab easily.

3. The Cab Driver - The cab driver who picked us up after Mr Hoon dropped us off was hilarious. He asked if we were Chinese, and we said we were not, but rather Taiwanese. It was a beginning of a ride where he was trying to fool tourists, including convincing us that Merderka Day was in January. Oh, and he was convincing me to buy this sex aid, seeing that I had 2 lovely ladies in the car, telling me that he lasted so long that the women cried. Oh, and that Arabs like to 'play backside'... a very, very interesting ride. Oh well, at least he spoke English. Can't say the same for most other people.

4. Juleo - EP picked up a Brazillian footballer who was in KL for leg surgery. He was so into chatting her up that he bought dinner for all of us at Madam Kwans in KLCC. Other funny angles to this story, but I don't think EP would be happy that I'm sharing them.

So what else did we get up to weekend? Met Kelvin who brought us to the paddock, Vincent got us a table at Velvet, had an idyllic evening in the hotel room, seafood in Gelang Patah, JY crawling into the hotel at 5 in the morning after the fight...

It was good. But now its Monday, and I am tired. Sigh... Back to reality.

2 comments:

Cookie said...

the cab driver's funny! hehe...

Anonymous said...

Wah lao eh.. go edurance race nvr jio me... how can!!