Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Wonder...

I wonder when it becomes too much. You know, when you meet someone and you kinda like what you see in her. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to marry her or something... I just want to know more about her, to see if she's my kinda gal.

So how much attention do you give? Too much, and you scare her away, too little, and nothing will ever happen.

How much should one push? Come on too strong, and she thinks you are a psycho. Don't come on strong enough, and she'll treat you like one of the other men in life.

The dating game is very confusing. However, I did try the upfront method of saying, "I'm attracted to you. Are you to me?" Well, lets just say that didn't quite work out. And I was left like a fish on a beach, flapping wildly and gasping for air.

And so I'm back to square one. The "let's be friends so I can know you better" method. I hate this method cos its all about games. The pining for the phone call, the carefully worded conversations...

I think I'm better off dating in America or something...

5 comments:

Rambling Alcoholic said...

I think I need to know when to give up. Eh?

Titania said...

It's the pursuit that girls like. I say, if there was attraction, you would know from the beginning- then of course it'd be something you can pursue.

One thing I personally do not like is guys coming on strong AT the beginning, before getting to know the person.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

I guess you are right... I should know if there is attraction at all. If not, I just shouldn't do extra right? And just have the same expectation I give my friends.

Like not meeting them on weekends. *wink* haha.

Hope you had an uneventful night. Said your prayers?

Titania said...

Some guys may just be persistent. But I think it is warranted only if there is mutuality.

Yes. weekdays indeed.

I slept with the lights on and stirred with every little noise.

Anonymous said...

want to be direct when approach someone? can....provided you know the other party is into you.

How will you know? make use of your gut feel...it's usually accurate.