Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bullsh*t

Somedays, one just has it bad at work.

Monday:

Boss started blaming me for something I did not do. Ok, that sounds wrong, but the thing was, I've been telling him that we should have taken Method A to please the client, but No.... he insisted that it was too much work and decided to use Method B instead. We almost lost the client in the meeting. And now, we are using Method A (client's choice). And suddenly its my fault. Sheesh. Sometimes I think that Boss is schizophrenic, and doesn't listen, or chooses to listen to opinions. (of course, he always asks for them - to test us). ARGH!!!!

We had another meeting - I couldn't worm myself out of it. It was a dinner thing that lasted till 11. All this time, I'm seething at Boss, and everything he said became gibberish to me cos I refused to listen. Which is not good if you are the minute taker. I'm going to have an interesting set of minutes to type.

Tuesday:

Boss comes waltzes in at 11 and decides that for the meeting at 5pm later today, I need to prepare an industry study including market share of client, competitors, potential investors et cetera. For fucks sake. I have enough to do already! I'm just going to smoke it through later. Wish me luck.

Friends:

Good and bad. Good was J calling me and talking about her relationship with her new man. Good was ST just listening when I blew my temper. Good was JY calling me and crapping on the phone till 2 this morning. Had a real good laugh with him, and oddly, it did help me sleep better. Bad was this misunderstanding I have with this one recent friend of mine. Oh well. Think I'd better wise up and watch my step with her before she really tears my head off.

Its been a long week, and its only Tuesday. Sigh.

3 comments:

Rambling Alcoholic said...

I said I would not write, but I thought, if I don't write it down, my rants about my boss and all, I'll not be able to concentrate or explode!

Phew... better now. Back to work.

Cookie said...

Glad that you're feeling better now.. ranting works alot for me too.. =)

mercuranium said...

work for me has been kinda like how you've described it, hectic and pretty f-up.. its really better to let it all out.. and good that u did! :)