Thursday, August 04, 2005

4 Stages

This is about something I learnt when I was working in the Counselling Centre. This is courtesy of the training I recieved from my ex-colleague Jane. I was reminded of it last night as I was talking to someone over dinner.... Hmm... well, thanks to her, I got reminded and got more reflective.

There are 4 stages that usually happen after a relationship ends.

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Negotiation
4. Acceptance

Of course one might repeat the stages, that is, after Anger, one might return to Denial and so forth. Anyway, I was tethering between stages 3 and 4 till about yesterday. But today, after what happened yesterday, I think I'm at 4. Its over. The insecurities, the heartaches, the doubts, the longing.

I am me. Ain't nobody gonna change that. My friends love me for who I am, and I think the new people I've met these past weeks like what they see in me. It was just a bad fit previously. I've accepted that now. Messed up I am no more.

Today, begins a new day. And the rain, the bringer of purity and birth, that is falling heavily outside my office window, seems to tell me that too.

7 comments:

Titania said...

Might I add the rain is not just falling, it is peltering.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Fine, be pedantic about it. Haha...

Cookie said...

you never fail to bring a smile to my face when I need one.

im happy for you.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Just realised. It spells DANA. Odd.

rench00 said...

it could also spell adan or adna or aadn. i guess people tend to see patterns when there aren't any. it's an external projection of our internal schemas.

so... what's DANA to you?

Irony said...

i'm happy for you

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Thanks all. Its just stark realisation that the world does not stand still for anyone. And it must move on.