Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Song to Remember

"The Blowers Daughter"

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new

Damien Rice, The Blower's Daughter. From a movie I watched last night, trying to fill the void before sleep overcomes.

9 comments:

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Ok, so it sounds better than it reads. But the song does mean something special to me.

Titania said...

You ok? (Could i borrow this movie as well)

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Thanks ah. Haha. Comment only to borrow Closer.

Cookie said...

wah.. send me the song? hehehe...

Anonymous said...

I love this song! And cannonball as well. Basically, the whole album has a very special meaning to me.

Titania said...

Im serious though, because it is one movie i want to watch, but haven't. ;p

yy said...

i like this song too..replayed it so many times at the closer website.. it feels kinda therapeutic..do u think?

yy said...

makes me feel sad..and yet..with a kind of acceptance..that makes it the song feel soothing..

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves that damn song! Although I thought the movie was total shit, despite a great performance by Natalie Portman.

Check out this new guy on the block: James Blunt. He's pretty much like damien Rice in musical style.