Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Smells...

It's funny. I never truly appreciated the smell of Pleasures by Estee Lauder until I lost it.

I was waiting for a train home when this office girl standing next to me smelt oddly familiar. Then, out of the blue, I was struck by a huge flashback that hit me like brick. As you can probably tell by now, I'm pretty much a smell person. I love how a woman smells.

Pleasures by Estee Lauder and Blue by Polo Ralph. 2 distinct scents. 2 loves of my life. Gone.

These two scents will never smell the same to me again.

It's funny how your mind works with memories sometimes. Oh well.

7 comments:

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Hmm... Man who uses Lavender. Hmm... Heehee.

rench00 said...

you know what image immediately came to mind? the image of dogs smelling each other's... nvm.

but i know what you mean. there was a period of time when there were certain scents that induced much heartache. no longer.

i'm more a songs person though. there are still certain songs that, even after so many years, i just cannot listen to.

well... you know how the sovil et titus ad goes: bu zai hu tian chang di jiu, zhi zai hu ceng jing yong you.

better to have loved and lost than to never have loved before. now that you have loved, you can die peacefully. but don't die yet. i still owe you money. after i pay you back, then you can go and die. ahahah... so that's my excuse for not paying you... :)

rench00 said...

ahhh!!! I must redeem myself... I didn't mean to call anyone anything... it was just the image...

sorry if i offended anyone...

*Expression of contrition*

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Expression of Contrition? Come face say come face lah. Haha.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Anyway, it happened again today. And all I could do was smile weakly to myself.

Its a popular scent no doubt.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

I wish I could take cabs ALL the time you know. But then, I cannot.

Plus I'll miss out on the beautiful scenery that comes with taking trains.

Cookie said...

this phrase seems familiar..

I used to be so affected by a particular Aigner scent, that my expressions visibly change (ie, frown or sulk) whenever i get a whiff of it.

Now I simlpy pinch my nose.. =p