Thursday, July 07, 2005

Narcolepsy

Have you heard of narcolepsy?

Does anyone know what causes the condition? This condition causes sufferers to fall asleep suddenly and without warning, and when they wake, they don't realise they have fallen asleep.

This has happened to me twice this week. Its always in meetings and I suddenly blank out. I know my eyes are open, but I'm unconcious of whats happening around me. This usually lasts for 1 - 2 secs before I shake out of it. But it inevitably comes back within the next 10 secs or so...

In hindsight, its maybe cos the meetings were boring, and I didn't understand anything that was said. And its probably not a medical condition, but rather the result of too many late nights. Sigh... I have a set of VERY interesting minutes to type after lunch.

Damn.

3 comments:

Titania said...

It happens to me when I am reading or was in lectures. seriously, just a blank out for a few secs, or has it always been like that?

Anonymous said...

Yup. All the time. And all at once! Ha...

Anonymous said...

I suffer from Narcoplesy AND insomnia i think. Narcoplepsy in the afternoon, insomnia at night. MY body clock's so screwed up.