Monday, January 24, 2005

Talking to Myself

I realised that what I like about the Blog is that its as if I'm talking to myself. Sure, this sounds weird, cos there are two possibilities. Firstly, I'm lying, cos I'm actually telling some of my friends about this or secondly, I'm crazy, cos the only people who would talk to themselves are those with no friends or who have a split personality.

Well, I'm not lying, cos only really CLOSE friends know of this place. Oh, and my brothers too. People that I know won't judge me for my weaknesses. And secondly, I have friends, which leaves me with the stunning conclusion that I'm crazy.

On the bus, whilst I was half-asleep, I came to the conclusion that its highly possible. I've always suspected that I'm bi-polar - you know, happy one moment and suddenly grouchy the next. So much so that my ex-girlfriend R
gave me the nickname Grumpy Old Man (GOM). On our trips in Europe, I would for no rhyme nor reason go into GOM mode just because I was thirsty or if I needed to pee. As you would expect, this was the cause of many a disagreement. But she stood by me... till recently... sigh

Well, I'm digressing. Hence, back to the topic of talking to myself. Its not too far-fetched is it then? Since bi-polar disorder is a symptom of schizophrenia, I might have dual personalities and not know it!

Impossible! You may say. As any street counsellor or psychologist would tell you, recognition of the problem is the first sign that there is none. Well, I dunno. All I know is that recently, more and more I like spending time alone thinking and talking to myself. I guess if you look at it, its just an outlet - like talking to someone.

Oh well. Who knows.

No comments: