Monday, January 24, 2005

Eureka!

I realise that I get epiphanies at the weirdest places and at the oddest times. So there I was, drifting in and out of conciousness on Bus 80 on the way home from Bugis. It was crowded, packed so much that people were standing 2 to an aisle. There was this weird smell in the air - you know, that sourish smell you only smell on buses. I knew I shouldn't be sleeping, cos I would risk resting my head on the shoulder of the Uncle next to me - but as I'm sure all of you have experienced before, you just can't help it.

So in and out I went. Noticed the cute chick standing next to me. Knew I should wake up and give her a smile but no - black again. I was fighting a losing battle with Sleep. "Can't miss my stop!" I told myself. But...

Black.

Somehow I started thinking in this state of semi-conciousness. The result? The posts that will follow this one. I realise that not only am i most philosophical when I'm half-asleep, being grouchy, depressed or intoxicated also spur me to think about things. Wonder if this happens to anyone else? That when one's mind is muddled, one thinks clearer?

Hmm...

No comments: