Thursday, January 27, 2005

God's Greatest Enemy is Logic

This was an acquaintance's newest MSN nick. When I read it, I felt a mixture of sardonic humour and incensed indignation on how stupid that line was. I mean whats the sense in that? Are you saying that just because you can't explain Genesis vs Darwinism, or explain why God allows 270,000 of His children to die in a wave and millions more to lose all that they had tolive in poverty and suffering for the next decade, that we should blindly "have faith" and believe in Him?

I've always believed myself to be a moderate. And no, I do not have anything against Christians in general, well, except fanatical morons like this fella here. How can anyone believe blind faith is good? I mean, haven't violent acts of terror in the name of Jihad, or mass suicides by Christian cults not taught you anything?

Logic is what keeps us alive. I mean, logic keeps us from putting into action our curiosity of what cyanide tastes like (though the one person who did try did scribble "S" in the last 3 seconds before he croaked). Logic also keeps us normal. You wouldn't wear a bikini to a cocktail party - thats logic. (unless you are Bai Ling)

Stupid blind faith and fanatical Christians. You know, the worse are Born-Again Christians. Logic is bad for you indeed. Dumb ass.


No comments: