Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blogging. Sin or Just Guilty Indulgence?

Excerpt from an email to a friend.

More and more, the blog should not be taken as a mode of expression. There will always be private thoughts that will only serve to hurt, and have no upsides besides the writer feeling better about himself.

Selfishness permades in the blog world. No matter what people like to believe, they feel good when they get a fan-base. Everyone wants to be a superstar. So they write tiltillating stories, or put people down on their blogs. Creative expression? Or writing for the masses?

Fine line.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Spot on.

Blogs are great places for self expression This is a two edged sword though and needs to be treated as such.

Having an audience makes it ever worse. All people like attention.

From my point of view, I am the only person I know who bloggs. So the pressure to keep things polite and controlled is all on me :-)

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Lucky you. Creative freedom. Well, actually, its freedom to bitch about anyone and everyone.

Rob said...

Not exactly. They know about mine but don't have one of their own. The girlfriend, mates, even my employer reads it. I have gotten in serious shit about it from my work numerous times. I have now been prohibited from writing anything about work. Regardless of how harmeless it is.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

That sucks. Bad. How did they find out? Time to password protect every post!