Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ramblings

You see, one of the things my company does is to help prepare the bid documents for M+A. These bids usually work on crazy deadlines, what with the due diligence that needs to be completed, the bid document that has to be drafted et cetera.

Anyway, this results in working very late nights. So, as I tumbled out of office at 1am this morning, several random thoughts went through my head as I was waiting for a cab. As I mentioned in a previous post a long time ago, I tend to ramble and be random (hence random Brandon) once I get super-tired. My thoughts included:

1. I know its late when I get out of the office and the pub at the bottom of the office block has closed!

2. Are these the hours that lawyers keep? If so, I should have been a lawyer and be paid more for working the same hours.

3. Will I get a cab? Damn, the company should reimburse me the cab fare.

4. Oooh. Cat. Fat. Might be pregnant. Hmm... that's something one needs to find out first if talking to a "pregnant" lady.

5. Need to be up in a few hours. Should I sleep later and just get 4 hours of sleep? Wonder if all that sleep cycle rubbish I read is true.

6. Drinks with Paranoid Android, the millionaire and friends on Friday. Can't wait.

7. Wonder when is the paycheck coming in. Damn, the company should reimburse me for cab fare.

8. Hmm... When I'm super-tired, I'm high. Hmm... Haven't felt that in a long time, since Army days.

9. Need food.

Well, I didn't have to wait long for a cab. Just 5 mins. So, you can imagine the million of thoughts running through my head. FYI, I tried the sleep cycle thing and got 4 hours sleep. I'll let you know whether its better or not tomorrow. Back in the office. Its 9am. One more long day. 2 more days till bid has to be completed and submitted. Watch me run around like a headless chicken to then.

1 comment:

Titania said...

They should reimburse you if you're constantly working late!Do they give medical benefits too? Might need them, you.