Friday, June 10, 2005

H2G2


I watched the Hitchhiker's Guide the other day. Marvin the robot is adorable. Nemo-esque merchandising here we come.

However, in my opinion, the movie is only for hardcore fans. It's slapstick funny, but there are better examples of funny movies out there. The storyline is contrived, so it would help if you have read the book. There are no pretty ladies in the movie... so babe-watching is out.

Its not entirely a waste of time, but is a waste of $9. Spend $7 on it, or wait for the DVD.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to really understand the British sense of humour to get this. I watched it too and thought it was hilarious, although some of the characters were a little like a mix between Austin Powers and the characters in the 80s comedy The Young Ones.

Rambling Alcoholic said...

I do understand the dry British wit. I did study there for some years. Haha.. I enjoyed it, but perhaps because of expectation, I didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I would have.

rench00 said...

you will have to read the book. the book is marvellous. at least it was when i read it at 15... ahahaha...

rench00 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rench00 said...

well... i found the book to be damn hilarious when i read it at 15...