Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Attitudes

I think attitudes are very important.

This post is inspired by my brief conversation with the cleaning lady on my floor.

Basically, I had asked her if she had bought tickets for the $10million Hong Bao Draw. Her response? That she will never strike and hence won't buy.

I think the attitude to be positive and hence act to do things which seem to put one on the right track to move upwards is crucial. These acts may or may not bear fruit, but its better to have done them than to sit on one's ass and do nothing.

Unlike some lucky few, things don't always fall on our laps. We need to fight tooth and nail to get what we want.

Sure we might pick up some injuries along the way, but I would rather have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all.

So the next time someone complains to me that she has no friends, hates her job, is generally miserable, I will say that its her fault, for not having the attitude to take control and effect change in her life in the first place.

3 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Sometimes things never fall in place no matter how hard you try. It only fall into place when you stop trying..

Rambling Alcoholic said...

well, but would you sit under the tree to wait for the next rabbit to emerge?

WokMan (TM) said...

I quote the wisdom of the lyrics from 爱
拼才会赢...三分天注定,七分靠打拼


Think both go hand in hand.. No luck fail, no hardwork also fail... Ratio is proportionate to the natural luck of individuals haha