Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Geek At Heart

Perhaps its a combination of the sleepless nights, the evenings at home, and watching B3 playing his Wii...

But something got me thinking...

Sure I know how to have fun, enjoy myself at parties, hold my drink, and in general, live life decadently...

But end of the day, I am a geek at heart.

Perhaps its a result of the strict upbringing in a conservative chinese household... or perhaps its just more nature than nurture...

But there is nothing I like more than to sit at home and watch my Anime / Discovery / Nat Geo, read the latest issue of Popular Science or Newsweek and generally do boring "geeky" stuff like driving up and down the KPE to see where the exits are.

I now believe that being a geek is my "base". And I wonder how I should reconcile my 2 halves.

1 comment:

Chris The Baker said...

The term "Geek" is used for schooldays...
At your age, it's known as being "Ah Pek"...like you know who. ;0)