Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Honest Hawker

Have you ever had a refund from a hawker? One that you did not ask for?

There is this "famous" meat ball noodles in Kovan food centre, you know, the one next facing the florists?

So last Friday, I went there for lunch and ordered a Big noodle. The order arrived and the wife of the hawker handed me my 50cents change (when I was expecting none) because "her husband forgot to upsize" my order.

I was pleasantly surprised, and it made my day that such honesty still exists.

On the other hand, the noodles was not amazing and I don't understand why people wait in queue for 15 mins for it. The chilli is good, but too spicy for me.

1 comment:

Irony said...

Well, maybe the reason why everyone queues up for it is coz their honesty tastes much better than stuck up ones..