Friday, February 16, 2007

2 Conversations

Conversation 1:

K (who is on coy declared 1/2 day off today): Eh, are you on leave for the rest of the CNY week?

Me: Yah, but need to come in on Friday morning for a short meeting.

K: Wah, they'd better be paying you lots. Cause for me, I believe that if you are on leave, you better be on leave unless it's the apocalypse the next day.

Me: They are not paying me lots!!!! Argh!!!!

-----
Conversation 2

S: Sian, everybody is on half day, out there having fun.

Me: Nevermind lor, those who are left in the office do not have their minds at work anyway. Except me... busy busy...

S: You are always busy. I wouldn't be working as hard as you if I was only being paid what you are getting.

Me: !!!

Me: What to do, i-bankers what.

S: Yah, the difference is that i-bankers of your seniority are getting paid 3 - 4 times as much as you.

Me: ...

------

2 conversations. With 2 different friends, from 2 different countries. All serving to remind me of something, and in so doing, ruining my day. =(

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: