Friday, October 14, 2005

Fries

Have you heard of this urban legend about how if you leave McDonald's french-cut fries out in the open, they would not even grow mould for days? That's apparently because there is so little nutrition in it that mould does not find enough substrate to grow.

Anyway, there is a box of abandoned fries near where I alight at Buona Vista MRT station. As I walk past it everyday, I notice the state of decomposition and deterioration. Yesterday was the second day it has been there. The fries were still in a solid state, without any ants around it. As I walked past the box today, I realised that the fries have all turned into a powdery substance.

Now thats scary. With all the talk about trans-fatty acids and what they can potentially do to your insides. I think I'm gonna lay off fries for awhile.

3 comments:

BeeNuts said...

Darn, its so hard to lay off fries.

Anonymous said...

As far as I know it's "mold", not "mould"...

Rambling Alcoholic said...

OMG, we have a serial spellchecker here. He probably stalks blogs, pointing out spelling mistakes.

For goodness sake, chill!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mould

Kidding.