Monday, October 26, 2009

Julie & Julia


The ST reviewer was almost right. The 2 actresses did SAVE this movie.

But he was wrong for giving it 3.5 ticks.

What was the movie going-on about? My friend YSW summed it up perfectly after the movie. IT HAD NO PLOT!

Sure, the director tried to link the lives of 2 women, from 2 different times, who started their affair with cooking in order to find themselves...

But thats it!

The movie was 2 hours long, and you could feel every. freaking. minute. of. it. In my opinion, it could have been cut to 1.5 hours and not made a difference to storyline. I mean, it was so slow and bland that several people in the cinema walked out to take toilet breaks.

YSW made a point about Meryl Streep's acting. I thought she over-acted and perpetually looked drunk. YSW said that perhaps this movie would have been appreciated better by Americans who grew up with Julia Child, and perhaps, Julia was such a character as portrayed by Streep.

Perhaps.

But in my opinion, the worst "based on a true story" movie I have ever seen.

No comments: