Monday, June 01, 2009

Terminator: Salvation



Due to popular request, I caught this movie over the weekend. I had not intended to watch it and in fact, had never caught any of the previous franchises.

The movie was mildly entertaining. I mean, action flicks can do very little wrong.

But I understand why the reviews of the movie are so bad. Like my friend, LO commented at the end of the movie, there was overacting on the part of Christian Bale. The dude needs to take a chill pill and stop acting in all these "I am the avenger" kind of roles (ala The Dark Knight). Really, for the sake of his mental health.

The ending was abrupt and completely predictable. I mean, there was only 1 biological part of the android, guess which one they were going to take?

There were several plot loopholes - terminators get blown up by magnetic mines, but motorcycles don't?

There were 2 parts where I burst out laughing (and it wasn't at any funny scene). I laughed out loud just because it was so lame. And they both involve the T-800 (guess which scenes?)

All in all, don't catch this movie, unless you really have nothing to do.

In that case, go read a book. Haha.

No comments: