Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Prawning...

Had my first prawning experience last Sat with some friends...

The evening got off to a bad start, with me tripping over someone's rod and snapping it clean in two. In my defence, the eediot left his rod at an angle on his chair while re-baiting it - which he shouldn't have.

That of course didn't matter to the pond operator who snakily gave me the evil eye when I was pointed out as the person who broke the rod.

Prawning is boring. Sure, it takes a certain level of skill and deft touch to jerk the rod the moment the prawn bites, but when you have 40 people sticking their rods into the brackish pond, you are probably looking at quite some time before you get a bite!

In short, prawning is not for me. In the words of LO, I'd rather use dynamite.

No comments: