Monday, August 25, 2008

Kallang Roar the Movie



Watch Kallang Roar the Movie over the weekend. I have a soft spot for "based on a true story" type movies and maybe thats why I thought this movie ROCKED!

Sure, it was a low budget film, with much room for improvement in its football scenes, casting and blue screen effects, but I applaud its tremendous effort in paying tribute to Uncle Choo and the Singapore Lions. In fact, many scenes with Lim Kay Siu gave me the goosebumps - that was how "connected" I was to the film.

Yes, my friends who watched it thought it was so bad it was funny, and that the director took his creative license too far - Fandi the one who woke Rajagopal from his drunken stupor? But I disagreed. Yes, had the movie been longer, I would have liked to have more character development of the players, but with regards to the creative license, isn't it what movies are all about? That the viewers should suspend their disbelief such that the film may be made more interesting?

Anyway, I liked the movie. Might go catch it again, for all its goose-bumply glory.

No comments: