Monday, January 21, 2008

Of Betrayal and Happier Things...

I seriously thought I would never be a victim of a betrayal by friends again... After years of fine tuning, refining a careful selection process, devising tests of loyalty and good faith, and making numerous wrong judgments along the way, I thought I would never get hurt in that way again.

Until I found out something this weekend.

I'm more disappointed than hurt to be honest. Disappointed in my judgment and reading of his character and disappointed by his actions. And, those who know me and my carefree attitude know that it does take quite a lot for me to be this way.

I used to be more cynical when I was younger... but I realised at some point in time that there is still good in the world, and that I should give it, and in so doing, give myself a chance to experience it for what it is. And although I knew I would get hurt along the way, I wouldn't change a thing at all.

I hope for his sake, that karma has a way of letting him taste his own medicine.

----

But anyway...

----

So there we were, watching the Man U - Reading match on Saturday. When my friend YX commented that my blog was perpetually sad and that I should make an effort to write about happy things once in awhile.

She suggested that I should write 3 things that made me happy in the day.

Thanks YX, I will try to blog happier things from now... ignore the top part of this post. LOL.

No comments: