Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Smells Fishy

As you may know, I posted a handphone for sale on Yahoo auctions. A shortwhile later, I recieved this mail. Tell me, does this smell like a scam? She is offering me almost twice my reserve price. Too good to be true?

Haha.


Hello.

thanks for the mail
I am iterested in the Nokia 6708 mobile phone and i will be offerign you SG$1100 for the item Including the SHipping fee via EMS SPEEDPOST Courier as i will be sending the item over to m kids in West Africa as stated in m recent mail on Yahoo Homepage.

So in the meantime i will be sending you the pament for the item via Escrow Onlie Pament and in the meantime i will love to tell you more on how escrow online npayment works.

First and foremost, Escrow Online Payment works when you send me your name and address, and when i send the money, you will be notify by ( ESCROW PAYMENT SERVICE ) that i paid for the item, after a shortwhile you will receive another notificatio n (approval/confirmation mail) means the money i paid for has been sent out to the address you send to me. Please do not hesitate to let me know as soon as you receive the approval/confirmation mail from ECSROW PAYMENT SERVICE that the money has been sent out to you, so that i can send you my son shipping information so as for you to go and drop ship the item at your near by EMS SPEEDPOST COURIER location as soon as posible

So send me the following in order for mt to make the payment asap.

Name
Addrres
City
State
Zipcode
Country

Get back to me with the above information so as for me to make the payment as soon as possible



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh. She wants your name and address, and is ever so enthusiastic for your item over. And usually spam isn't written in good english...like those African Bank Account emails...

Anonymous said...

Tell her that you only want $ and other than that she can F**K off... interesting, not trying to be mean but you should know the answer/instinct, so why asked...