Sunday, August 22, 2010

Avatar: The Movie


Caught this movie 2 weeks back.

I don't think I would have gone to watch this movie on my own accord. Firstly, I don't follow American cartoons (I hesitate to call them anime) since I discovered the much better Jap ones. I find the American cartoons weak in plot and poor in art these days (although many of them do come from the same Korean studios as their Jap cousins)

Still, due to popular vote, we went to catch the 3D version of movie with Big Ben.

My first impression after the movie was - where was the 3D besides the floating subtitles? Mumbling curses under my breath, I vowed to read reviews ahead of booking movies in the future to find out if they were filmed in 3D or just converted 3D movies.

My verdict of the movie? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Was it entertaining? Nope.

Was it bad? Nope.

Will I remember ever watching it? Nope.

Will I catch the inevitable sequels? Nope.

In fact, the reason this review took 2 weeks to write is because I only remembered I watched this movie just before writing my Inception review.

Pfft.

2 / 10

Wait for the "DVD".

No comments: