Monday, March 23, 2009

WatchMen


Finally caught this movie on Saturday night. It is definately a movie that needs the "big screen" effect. And, for those of you who are waiting for it to be shown on the tele, DON'T. The movie is quite gory, what with exploding humans. And Dr Manhattan does walk around naked during most of the movie (I pity my Malaysian friends who are living in a country with such strict censorship laws - they probably didn't understand the movie at the end of it!)

I thought the director had a great vision on the cinematography, and the choice of soundtrack was excellent (very 80's inspired). The movie does score well on these technical accounts (art direction, costumes, etc included.)

But as a movie, it was so-so. I have never read the comic and I believe the writers did develop the characters as well as they can (it WAS a 2.5 hour movie). But did it wow me?

Nah.

No comments: