Friday, July 25, 2008

4 Seasons Duck


Call me a "mountain-tortoise", but having spent 3 years studying in the UK, I have heard so much about the famous "4 Seasons duck" but have never tried it. To make it up, I flew 13 hours to London, and checked out the place.

Most embarrassingly, when I got there, there were at least 3 types of duck on the menu. They had Peking, Roast, Cantonese-style etc. Which duck was it? A quick 2 phonecalls to ex-Londoners cleared it up - somewhat. They could only remember it was not the Peking nor the Roast. So I took a chance on the Cantonese Duck.

It took awhile to arrive, but woah, the duck was fatty, succulent and indeed, one of the best I've ever eaten! It was melt-in-your-mouth, mind-numbingly good!

Was definitely worth the trip down and the price one pays for it. =)


I had thought the place would be hard to find. But nope, its just outside the Tube exit @ High Street Kensington.

P.S. My elder brother swears that Magic Wok, a few doors down is better. But there is only so much duck one can eat in a day, so I didn't get to find out. =)

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Forget Magic Wok lol, you can't compare Four Seasons with it! Four Seasons is world famous - the ex prime minister of Thailand used to order 400 ducks each year and have them shipped to Thailand. I still prefer China Town myself.

---
uk student news and events

Rambling Alcoholic said...

Haha... I thought the duck was just amazing, but I guess we have to accept that there will always be detractors.

Are you still in london?