Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Emotionally Tiring

Its gotten really tiring since I put in my Letter of Resignation on Monday.

The Bossman has since, over the course of 2.5 hours conversation (in 2 sessions) plus one really uncomfortable lunch:

1. Said that it is sad for him to see me go but he understands that I want options
2. Asked me what I wanted in Life
3. Asked me to list down my push and pull factors
4. Offered to give me a raise and a promotion
5. Explained to me our business model and said I shouldn't be hasty to see results.
6. Tried to analyse my strengths and weaknesses and said I could improve further here.
7. Said I should stay until I find a job that I want.
8. Said in the meantime that I should do what I want to do in the Company
9. Shared his "personal" and private thoughts about his wife, family and friends
10. Shared the reasons he thinks he has become successful (because he always looks for options and doesn't commit)
11. Said I should go out and find new business that I can champion, and in so doing, be motivated to continue
12. Said I don't need to do anything I don't want to do, that is, draft contracts, investment documents, contact reports etc
13. Said he treats me as one of his family
14. Blah... Blah... Blah...

Seriously. I need a break from it all.

Out. Back to work.

No comments: