Thursday, May 21, 2009

Angels and Demons Review


Caught the movie, Angels and Demons yesterday. It was brilliant.

Sure, it detracted from the book. Its a movie adaptation afterall, what do you expect? But the adaptations did not affect the flow of the movie.

Oscar winning performances from Tom Hanks and Ewan McGregor made the ticket price worth it. Excellent directing kept you on the edge of your seat.

Watching the movie brought back fond memories of my trip last July to Rome. I've actually been to all the churches, save Castel Sant'Angelo which were featured in the movie.

My take-away from the movie?

HANKS: I'm an academic. My mind tells me I will never understand God.

MCGREGOR: And your heart?

HANKS: Tells me I'm not meant to. Faith is a gift that I have yet to receive.

GO CATCH THE MOVIE! ITS GOOD!

No comments: